What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Picked up a few things to smoke this weekend. 13 lbs of brisket, 16 lbs of pork shoulder, 9 racks of baby back ribs, and around 40 chicken legs. I splurged and bought the Wagyu beef brisket. I'm really excited to see what kind of a difference that makes.
Man oh man!!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
From last night:

Brisket and pulled pork

Ribs.

Every year I swear I'm going to take some quality shots of the finished meat, and every year I get busy and forget. Those two horrible pics are they only ones I snapped. Next year, though, I'm going to get it right. Next year.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I had borrowed a third smoker from a buddy for yesterday's bbq, but I couldn't get it working right, so I didn't have any available smoker space to get the chicken on. I spent over an hour prepping and seasoning them, so instead of letting them go to waste, today I'm smoking 3 dozen chicken legs.

If anyone wants one come on over. They'll be ready in a couple more hours.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I had borrowed a third smoker from a buddy for yesterday's bbq, but I couldn't get it working right, so I didn't have any available smoker space to get the chicken on. I spent over an hour prepping and seasoning them, so instead of letting them go to waste, today I'm smoking 3 dozen chicken legs.

If anyone wants one come on over. They'll be ready in a couple more hours.

Be right over! They look great as did your spread yesterday. I smoked some ribs yesterday that ended up going into the fridge for eating today since my wife had a last minute invitation to go to a paint and wine night.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
@Mossome, I love the chicken leg rack!!! It all looks great!!! One tip i'll offer. When you make brisket and Butts, you should try BOB (Butts over Brisket). It's one of my favorites to cook.
I just googled that, since I had never heard of it before. It makes a lot of sense. I'll have to try that next time. I like to cook my brisket fat side down anyways.
By the way, Hakam have me the extra container of rub you sent to the Hillbilly Herf, and I used it in the pork. Fantastic stuff.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I need details on that smoker!!! My inner Montana redneck hickabilly needs to know
It's a 55gal H Drum (they are thicker than a normal drum) that I turned into an Ugly Drum Smoker. HERE is a link to a general overview of a simple build. If it's something you're really into I can draw up some plans and a parts list for mine (I tend to go a bit overboard when I build things).