What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Starting Thanksgiving off with a couple smoked turkey breasts.

Rubbed and in the smoker. I started putting the breasts in those square pans for two reasons. First, it keeps the rendered fat out of my water pan for easier cleanup. Second, those smoked drippings make the best gravy.

Several hours in and they get their glaze.

Finished product before they go in the roaster for transport to my sister's house where I'll deep fry two more whole turkeys.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Had 2nd thanksgiving at our house today and I did my first smoked turkey breast.
Before

After

Injected with a bunch of seasoned butter then rubbed inside and out with a homemade rub. Turned out really moist and had lots of flavor.

Did a whole bird in the fryer with the same injection and rub and holy hell fellas

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Had 2nd thanksgiving at our house today and I did my first smoked turkey breast.
Before

After

Injected with a bunch of seasoned butter then rubbed inside and out with a homemade rub. Turned out really moist and had lots of flavor.

Did a whole bird in the fryer with the same injection and rub and holy hell fellas
Looking good, brother! How did the skin turn out on the smoked breast? The only time I smoked a chicken the skin was like rubber so I've not smoked another bird since.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Looking good, brother! How did the skin turn out on the smoked breast? The only time I smoked a chicken the skin was like rubber so I've not smoked another bird since.
It was pretty soft but not super rubbery. Next time I plan to pull from the smoker a little earlier and finish in the oven under the broiler so the skin gets crispy. I was amazed how juicy it came out, but I did inject it with 4oz of seasoned butter

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My cousin whipped up some pulled pork and absolutely slopped it in BBQ sauce, then sent me to work last night with the leftovers. Not sure of the rub he used on the ribs, but it was clear he wasn't a fan. But I'll be damned this was his 2ND time smoking meats. He's hooked.

This was absolutely delicious and my co-workers all said how great it smelled in our break room. If I recall correctly, 5 hours at 155 degrees is what he had for the settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk