What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Smoked some pork tenderloin, ribs and beans with cornbread on the side.
The tenderloin looks perfect. I have a bone in roast that I'm going to attempt on Thursday. It will be my first time smoking a tenderloin so I'm a little apprehensive but your result gives me hope. I'm planning an olive oil base under a light basic rub and apple chips for smoke.

Do you remember the time it took to get to this stage? I'm thinking 1 to 1.5 hours per pound at about 225 to get to an internal temp of 150.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The tenderloin looks perfect. I have a bone in roast that I'm going to attempt on Thursday. It will be my first time smoking a tenderloin so I'm a little apprehensive but your result gives me hope. I'm planning an olive oil base under a light basic rub and apple chips for smoke.

Do you remember the time it took to get to this stage? I'm thinking 1 to 1.5 hours per pound at about 225 to get to an internal temp of 150.

Honestly this was a lazy smoke so didn't pay attention to the temps. I knew it was where I wanted it by experience. I was trying something new (not wrapping the ribs and no water pan). It was raining so I didn't get out the big smoker and just ran the Weber Kettle with charcoal and wood chunks in a snake method. I smoked the ribs for 4 hours and the tenderloin for 2 hours. Turned out perfect. I've done so many pork tenderloins that I don't check internal temp. I did put them in a covered foil pan to rest while the beans finished up on the smoker for about 30 min.

I will say this. If it's bone-in it's a probably a pork loin and not a pork tenderloin. It will take longer. I'd say your plan sounds good except for wood chips. I don't think wood chips are worth it. I think the wood needs to be more substantial. What type of cooker are you using?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly this was a lazy smoke so didn't pay attention to the temps. I knew it was where I wanted it by experience. I was trying something new (not wrapping the ribs and no water pan). It was raining so I didn't get out the big smoker and just ran the Weber Kettle with charcoal and wood chunks in a snake method. I smoked the ribs for 4 hours and the tenderloin for 2 hours. Turned out perfect. I've done so many pork tenderloins that I don't check internal temp. I did put them in a covered foil pan to rest while the beans finished up on the smoker for about 30 min.

I will say this. If it's bone-in it's a probably a pork loin and not a pork tenderloin. It will take longer. I'd say your plan sounds good except for wood chips. I don't think wood chips are worth it. I think the wood needs to be more substantial. What type of cooker are you using?
I have a propane smoker that uses chips to generate smoke. I had an offset barrel that I used chunk wood in but that didn't make the move to AZ with us. I was reluctant to go to gas but ribs have worked out well with it.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Here's a pic of the finished product. Didn't realize until after the fact you're supposed to spray them down with hot water as you pull them out so they don't shrivel up but they still taste great.
Drop them in a cooler full of ice water when you pull them from the smoker

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk