What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I need a stuffer like that! I can't justify the cost when I usually do less that about 15 summer sausages at a time. Would be a lot easy than the hand stuffing that I do now. I use my grinder to stuff meat sticks. Summer sausage looks great!
It was only like $150. Now I can do brats, snack sticks, and all sorts of meat candy. Totally worth it IMO

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's a pic of the finished product. Didn't realize until after the fact you're supposed to spray them down with hot water as you pull them out so they don't shrivel up but they still taste great.
Looks good!

I ice bath mine to stop them from cooking any further and it helps the shriveling. You’re right though, shriveled casings have zero effect on taste.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Looks good!

I ice bath mine to stop them from cooking any further and it helps the shriveling. You’re right though, shriveled casings have zero effect on taste.
I did another batch yesterday and sprayed with hot water. It reduced the shriveling a ton. I didn't snap any pics, but in two days I managed to pump out 54lbs of summer sausage with zero help and zero prior experience. Originally I was thinking I can make this last a good amount of time, but as of last night one log is almost all gone

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Here's a pic of the finished product. Didn't realize until after the fact you're supposed to spray them down with hot water as you pull them out so they don't shrivel up but they still taste great.
I have never heard of spraying with hot water. I always put mine right into an ice bath to stop the cooking and help with the shrivel of the casing. Like said, the shrivel doesn't affect the taste at all.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have never heard of spraying with hot water. I always put mine right into an ice bath to stop the cooking and help with the shrivel of the casing. Like said, the shrivel doesn't affect the taste at all.
Google said to spray with hot water and it worked to a certain degree. I will try the ice bath next time since I trust y'all more than Google. Now I need to find bratwurst, italian sausage, and snack stick recipes. Sausage making is turning into a new addiction

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Google said to spray with hot water and it worked to a certain degree. I will try the ice bath next time since I trust y'all more than Google. Now I need to find bratwurst, italian sausage, and snack stick recipes. Sausage making is turning into a new addiction
I have a snack stick recipe I'll share with you. Let me know if you want to try it.