What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
How do you like the Vortex? I have been wanting to get one, but haven't taken the plunge.
Mate, the cycle of heat is fantastic, but I picked up a stainless steel salad bowl for $2 and cut the bottom out of it with a grinder. Definitely does the exact same job as the $100 Weber ones. Highly recommend not spending on a real one!

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
View attachment 137026

I ended up going to Lowes and bought a stove pipe reducer for $13 and trying it instead of ordering a Vortex for $35. It shows no signs of abuse after first use.

View attachment 137027

It worked well and the wings were delicious. Tender, juicy and flavorful. The pic is before I sauced them. My 9 year old granddaughter and I devoured them.
Or that woukd work also! Haha nice one. Responded before I saw this!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I been real good mate. This new roster has afforded me some extra down time. Just ordered a compound bow and getting some quality time with the family. How you been champ?
Thats awesome! Pretty good here, just busy. Running all over the place while the kids are out of school. About ready for August to swing around so thing get back to normal.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Made my best brisket yet yesterday. Hot and fast on the Weber kettle with kingsford professional coal and mesquite chunks. So tender and juicy it melted in the mouth. Gonna do some brisket hash with the leftovers among other things. Costco brisket is the best bang for the buck I’ve found.

Also did a tri tip with elotes earlier in the week. Vacation is awesome

If y’all haven’t tried smoking corn smothered in mayo and finished with cotija cheese I feel sorry for you

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Bought a smoker but hadn’t got to use it yet as I sold my house and bought a bigger one about 200 yards away. Most of my stuff is in storage, but made sure to bring the smoker and everything else to my in-laws while we stay with them until moving into our new place.

First time using a smoker (or charcoal). Smoking a ~6.5lb bone in pork shoulder. Put the meat on at 6:45 this morning. Was going to start a little earlier but couldn’t find a lighter lol. So far things are going great. Controlling the temp seems much easier than I expected. Let hope it stays that way and things turn out great.

Since taking this photo, the billowy white smoke has turned to a more translucent color and smells nice and woody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The first smoke was a big success! Took a little under 11 hours. I was surprised how easy it was to control the heat; I figured I’d have a little trouble with that having never used charcoal before. Can’t wait to do it again.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The first smoke was a big success! Took a little under 11 hours. I was surprised how easy it was to control the heat; I figured I’d have a little trouble with that having never used charcoal before. Can’t wait to do it again.

Looks awesome from here! Great job!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk