What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Beef ribs are 2 hours in and getting some nice color. Let's add a couple racks of pork spares! And of course some nice trimmings that'll be done in a couple hours for me to snack on while we wait. All should be done in around 5 more hours. Guess I best put on some music, get a few beers, and have a smoke soon.

There is no better sight, brothers. :D

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Smoked two pork shoulders the other night. Was a little worried I wouldn’t be able to gift them both on the top grate, as I haven’t ever had to rotate meat before. Managed to get them both on the top grate and everything turned out amazing.

Right when they went on:

Pre butcher paper wrap:

Pre-shred:

Final product:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well fellas...I told the wife I would make the turkey this year, which for me means the only method of cooking i am truly good at- smoking. There are two unique circumstances that are merging to form a potential perfect storm of disaster:

1. Thanksgiving is, for my wife, an extraordinarily important and meaningful day beyond the scope of most folks I have ever known. She is a strict traditionalist on which foods are required, and the minimum acceptable quality thereof (she is a hell of a cook).

2. This is the first time I have ever smoked or otherwise cooked a turkey or any part of a turkey.

Here is the turkey brining hopefully in her bath, waiting to go on my smoker in the morning. Not gonna lie...I'm pretty skeered.

Yarr, wish me luck lads! Ahead there be stormy seas!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well fellas...I told the wife I would make the turkey this year, which for me means the only method of cooking i am truly good at- smoking. There are two unique circumstances that are merging to form a potential perfect storm of disaster:

1. Thanksgiving is, for my wife, an extraordinarily important and meaningful day beyond the scope of most folks I have ever known. She is a strict traditionalist on which foods are required, and the minimum acceptable quality thereof (she is a hell of a cook).

2. This is the first time I have ever smoked or otherwise cooked a turkey or any part of a turkey.

Here is the turkey brining hopefully in her bath, waiting to go on my smoker in the morning. Not gonna lie...I'm pretty skeered.

View attachment 155925

Yarr, wish me luck lads! Ahead there be stormy seas!
You got this!!!