What's new

Today's workout

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't posted here in a while... the 8pm ritual resumes.
Been slacking on running after the weekend. Went for a wet jog instead of the treadmill.
Back to squats. I wish I started them about 6 years earlier.
I can get the top of my head about bar height 4x before my arms feel like jelly.

What's the purpose of whey? To bulk up to turn into muscle?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Haven't posted here in a while... the 8pm ritual resumes.
Been slacking on running after the weekend. Went for a wet jog instead of the treadmill.
Back to squats. I wish I started them about 6 years earlier.
I can get the top of my head about bar height 4x before my arms feel like jelly.

What's the purpose of whey? To bulk up to turn into muscle?
Keep on crushing it! I wish I started all this earlier too. But as the clichéd saying goes...the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago...the second best time is today.

Generally speaking yeah...whey/protein in higher amounts is meant to help increase muscle mass, or in my case for the next few weeks, to help keep you from losing muscle during periods of calorie deficit and intense cardio. I also started taking creatine last month for the same reason.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sunday

Monday

Tuesday
I have also started incorporating 25 pullups, chinups, neutral grip or rope chinups to my daily routine.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran for the usual 30-40 min.
Went obsessively crazy last night with the squats... I don't know how many I did.
It hurt standing up to get out of bed ><
Too tired to work on the chin-ups
: P

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
ROPE chinups?? :O
That is correct.
There’s a 2x6 I screwed into my basement ceiling, and I have an 6’ hangmans rope that I toss over it and do chinups.
It’s amazing how strong your grip gets from doing these.
I can’t do more than 3 in a row, maybe 5 on a good day, but I still get after it!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let's see if this thread can pick up some steam.

12 weeks ago I decided I needed to fix my skinny fat. Nearing 40 doesn't deal with the piles of junk I put into it so well!

I hate cardio so I found a 12 week program that mostly weight lifting. 12 weeks later (6 days a week in the gym about an hour) and I've made a solid improvement. I'm far happier with how I look. Now that the 12 weeks is up I've found another 12 week program to follow (I need the structure of having something laid out for me).

Today's workout is mostly lower body, glutes, etc. I try to add abs in nearly every day. This particular program is five days a week and still averaging 45 minutes or so per workout. Two days a week are "conditioning" (ie cardio) but it's super flexible so I'll be doing my own thing in there. Looking forward to continuing this improvement. Everything I shoot for is lean muscle type workouts. I have no interest in bulking.
John Meadows may be worth checking out.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Today I was stuck using the crappy work gym and needed a pump to wake up.

Decline Chest press - 150 x 8
Incline press 125 x 6
Seated rows 125 x 10
Lat Pull Down 85 x 10
Cable Fly 35 x 10 per side
Kettle Bell Curls 25lbs to failure

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
man i last posted in this three years ago i think. weird.

I've come and gone with my workouts. got back on the train back in September or so after the gym was reopened.

jumped on the intermittent fasting bandwagon too. for me the main goal is to cut out my random eating late night and during the day (fast from 9pm -> 1pm at minimum and generally more like 7pm -> 2pm or so).

I'm definitely making progress in the workout department. the weight loss is going reasonably well. Didn't have a ton to lose - 20lbs was my goal. I was down about 7 or so last i checked.