What's new

Today's workout

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Saturday morning
I ended with sets of mace 360 to curl to 360 to curl at the end for a cool-down.
Mind you, this is not the cute Onnit maces that people dance around with. This is a Wolf Brigade 8kg mace which is a different, and more effective in my mind, design. (That sounded arrogant, not my intention! It’s just a badass piece of equipment).

This was this morning. I was cooked by the end, but feel great now!

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Max Recovery

200 push-ups
60 pull-ups

Probably no mileage.

9 more workouts then I will have completed Insanity!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Trying to up the squats
Ran 3 miles
70 squats
60 squats with dumbells
5 half chin-ups
I think I'm working out muscles I don't want to work on, but my goal is 10 chin-ups
You won't get "swole" from bodyweight exercises in most cases if that's what you're worried about (unless you do them in insane amounts AND scarf protein, and even then). More likely to just tone up a bit!

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't get "swole" from bodyweight exercises in most cases if that's what you're worried about (unless you do them in insane amounts AND scarf protein, and even then). More likely to just tone up a bit!
LOL swole wasn't as far as I was thinking... just muscular xD
But staying tone is my goal, so that's wicked good to know! Thank you for the always helpful info :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
LOL swole wasn't as far as I was thinking... just muscular xD
But staying tone is my goal, so that's wicked good to know! Thank you for the always helpful info :D
No prob! Bodyweight exercises are one of the better ways to get toned. If you throw some push-ups in there, you have most major muscle groups worked.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob! Bodyweight exercises are one of the better ways to get toned. If you throw some push-ups in there, you have most major muscle groups worked.
Wow, wicked awesome! I know I can do at least 10 of those. I'll weave some in the routine on Sunday. I usually take Friday and Saturday off xD
Thanks!... AGAIN!! lol

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow, wicked awesome! I know I can do at least 10 of those. I'll weave some in the routine on Sunday. I usually take Friday and Saturday off xD
Thanks!... AGAIN!! lol
But of course! And I don't know how you do with caffeine, but assuming it doesn't wreak havoc on you, you might also consider trying a pre-workout. It's made a big difference for me lately in getting through some of these brutal cardio sessions.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caffeine will keep me up if I drink it ~4pm or later.
I usually run first. It's the easiest. Not to bug you, but what would a pre-workout consist of? I don't think I workout enough to warrant a pre-workout xD

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Caffeine will keep me up if I drink it ~4pm or later.
I usually run first. It's the easiest. Not to bug you, but what would a pre-workout consist of? I don't think I workout enough to warrant a pre-workout xD
Hah! Not bugging at all. I mean, I'll also drink one in place of an energy drink or whatever, so it doesn't have to solely be for working out. As far as what it consists of...the main commonality is that it usually has anywhere from 150-300mg of caffeine. I would look at that first and foremost because personally, anything north of 250 makes me EXTREMELY jittery and paranoid. Some of them would give a panic attack to a rhino, I swear...like 350mg or something ungodly. My sweet spot is around 200mg, and I'm 185lbs for reference...though I guess tolerance varies. The caffeine is obviously to give you energy to get through the exercise. Other ingredients vary...lots of them have amino acids/creatine which are designed to help recovery of your muscles. Creatine in these is normally less than 3mg or so...what that stuff does is causes your muscles to retain water so they can repair and build.

Right now I'm taking Mr. Hyde, but I have taken Optimum Nutrition before, and also C4 sport. All are good, with optimum being on the milder end. Ordered these on BOGO but haven't tried them yet: