What's new

Today's workout

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Was supposed to be chest/legs, but on set #3 my left knee started feeling weird. I don't mess around with knee stuff so...today was chest day.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went back to the gym with the young guy at work. I was seeing if I could do single arm pull overs with a 25lb kettlebell. I got five per arm before shoulders tightened up. So, I ran him through a kettlebell circuit.

16 squats (start from the floor bring the bell up switch hands and squat it to the floor)
12 unilateral chest presses
12 bent over rows
12 shoulder press/tricep press super set
15 yard suitcase carries

4 rounds with 120 - 150 second rest.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
4x Arnold curls / seated double overhead tricep extension

4x wide curls / seated single overhead tricep extension

4x seated hammer curls / tricep single kickbacks

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
4x dumbbell shoulder press 50lbs / upright row 50lbs

4x rear delt raise 35lbs / bent over row 60lbs

4x lateral raise 35lbs / shrugs 75lbs

Weigh-in after first week of bulking is exactly on schedule: 0.4lbs gained.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I missed from page 5 to page 51 and will catch up later but wanted to get back in here. I’ve lost some weight since last year (15 to 20 pounds depending on the day I weigh myself) and started following Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength. Trying to get my 15 year old to follow with some structure and goals, that’s hit or miss for now. Perhaps if he sees results he will jump on the train.
Todays workout is Squats, Bench, and Deadlift. Will log results here afterwards…

Squats 3 sets of 5 reps, 150 lbs
Bench 3 sets of 5 reps, 135 lbs
Deadlift 1 set of 5 reps, 180 lbs

The best part of starting over is how fast the newbie gains are. Starting on 11/9 my squat and deadlift were 95 lbs, been adding every workout and feeling good. Let’s hope these newbie gains continue!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I missed from page 5 to page 51 and will catch up later but wanted to get back in here. I’ve lost some weight since last year (15 to 20 pounds depending on the day I weigh myself) and started following Mark Rippetoe’s Starting Strength. Trying to get my 15 year old to follow with some structure and goals, that’s hit or miss for now. Perhaps if he sees results he will jump on the train.
Todays workout is Squats, Bench, and Deadlift. Will log results here afterwards…

Squats 3 sets of 5 reps, 150 lbs
Bench 3 sets of 5 reps, 135 lbs
Deadlift 1 set of 5 reps, 180 lbs

The best part of starting over is how fast the newbie gains are. Starting on 11/9 my squat and deadlift were 95 lbs, been adding every workout and feeling good. Let’s hope these newbie gains continue!
Great work on a great program. We are rooting for ya!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Took the young buck in to the work gym again. I pushed him to the breaking point and he kept up. He broke his own mental block and actually out lifted me. I am proud of him. It nearly killed me, but it was worth it.

We lost track of reps and sets. It was like a CT Fletcher video by the end. There was a lot of cursing and yelling going on.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a GNARLY stomach virus. Would have felt even worse knowing I missed a workout and my macros though. So, I powered through a horrendous bicep/tricep session.

4x Incline bicep curls 35lb / single arm tricep overhead extensions 35lb

4x Standing alternating bicep curls 35lb / double arm tricep overhead extensions 70lb

4x hammer curls 30lb / tricep kickbacks 35lb

Though my stomach be uneasy and my brow be fevered and sweaty, I hath hoisted the heavy weights within the Iron Temple. May Brodin smile upon my efforts with fruitful gains.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s mainly stretching of the entire body now. I’ve just started my fitness journey and want to begin with something simpler and easier for a beginner like me. Stretching is rather stressful for me, but I don’t need any special equipment or knowledge to do it, and I feel much better after such a workout.
It’s usually included back shoulders, quads, inner thighs, hips, lower back, and hamstrings. A few weeks of such exercises should prepare me for the gym. I don’t want to go there unprepared. And I also plan to start taking supplements from purerawz.co to help my muscles recover and grow faster. It should help me catch up on all the time I’ve missed.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s mainly stretching of the entire body now. I’ve just started my fitness journey and want to begin with something simpler and easier for a beginner like me. Stretching is rather stressful for me, but I don’t need any special equipment or knowledge to do it, and I feel much better after such a workout.
It’s usually included back shoulders, quads, inner thighs, hips, lower back, and hamstrings. A few weeks of such exercises should prepare me for the gym. I don’t want to go there unprepared. And I also plan to start taking supplements from purerawz.co to help my muscles recover and grow faster. It should help me catch up on all the time I’ve missed.
I am not going to tell you what to do with your body. I'll just say, research anything you take from them. A lot of the SARMS and peptides can be just as damaging as anabolics over time.

Be careful and grow strong.