What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I read all these posts and me thinks I is the OLD FART on this board. I will just say I am old enough to know better and young enough to do it again!

I manage, operate and maintain an energy project. LandFill Gas 2 eNeRGy. I have been married for 22 years have a 19 year old daughter who is a junior at Marymont University.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I work in Sales at ADT in south Bend
I like to read and watch Movies.
I play all kinds of board games.
I like sci- Fi and RPG's
right now I am working my ass off taking Care of the wife and my Son Asher!!!!
steve

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
hey almost missed this thread. Intersting to see all the walks of life everyone comes from.

I've been married 2 years, recent daughter (2 months) and loving every minute. I'm a portfolio manager for a commercial real estate company and a real estate agent on the side. Looking to do the slow transition into my own real estate business (5 year plan). Not much more, I'm a huge hockey fan, love playing cards, just picked up golf, and love spending time with friends and family. That's about it. :-D

MrJerry

Coffee Guy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm an old fart as well. 45 years old maried to a wonderful woman for 14 years. No kids, two cats.

I worked in advertising for almost 8 years, a little company called Leo Burnett. My clients were: Phillip Morris (those guys got me into cigars), GM, United Airlines and Kraft. I made some good bucks and got out as soon as I was vested...had to stop working 80 hours + a week.

I took some time off and traveled Central American where I made a buch of friends...that's when I thought it would be a good idea to get into the cigar biz. Had small factories in Nicaragua, Honduras and Costa Rica, then went into partnership with a large factory in the Dominican Republic where we were producing cigars for Spain. The cigar business kept me reaaly busy as I was traveling 180 days a year out of the country...I did that for almost four years. I made some good money and as I was about to get out I got into coffee.

When I traveled I would be in 4-5 countries every month, so I'd grab two bottles of rum from each one. To keep them from breaking I would pack 1/2 kilos of fresh coffee beans between the bottles...see what happens when you drink alot of rum!
Because of the contacts that I made over the years I was able to negotiate some wonderful deals for green beans...I've been into coffee for just over three years with dozens of containers of greenies just waiting to meet Mr Roaster!

The business has been growning almost fast I can have a hard time keeping up with it. I've found my passion and I'm sure I'll be at it for as long as people drink coffee.

We bought a jumbo brick 3-flat apartment building two years ago (we're the third owners since 1920) and I've been spending my free time (ya right) working on it. Gutting the first floor last year, 1,400 sq ft, new bath, kitchen, new 3/4" oak floors, all new electrical and some plumming. Did the third floor last year. Now there's only our floor (the second floor) to do...oh boy, I can't wait!

So the long and short is I really enjoy cigars, coffee rum and my wife...the order changes every couple of days...check your local listings.

Damned glad to be over here, although you'll find me at several other boards as well!

Next!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I work as a cave geologist for a very large commercial cave in Texas. I'm basically paid to explore, map, and photograph the cave. I also evaluate potential threats to the cavern from nearby housing developments. In addition to all of that, I'm also the IT guy, the GIS department, I do layouts for advertising, and manage the climbing tower and zip line. Lots of work but also lots of fun.

For hobbies, I'd have to say photography is #1, followed by a tie between backpacking and caving. I love outdoor photography, mostly black and white. Have a darkroom (which fits well with the caving thing...). Favorite places in the US include Rocky Mountain, Zion, Great Basin, and Grand Tetons national parks.

Been married for 3 years to a loving wife who isn't too happy that I've rediscovered my "nasty" college habit of cigars. Our only kid right now is a very lovable year-and-a-half husky. She's enough to handle...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! We have a custom official in here? Scary!!!
I'm 24 recently married, no kids, four lovebirds and one chiguagua. I work as a radiology tech for one of the best hospitals in the area. I have been into cigars for about 8 months now and just recently starting to slide to the dark side :) The wife enjoys the occasional cigar with me as well. I'm a big fan of knifes, pistols, shotguns and riffles, although cigars have taken priority now and guns have been pushed back. I also enjoy video games, usually playing halo2 very late at night. If anybody is up for a whooping pm me with your nametag and I will give it to you :) I just joined your board and look forward to getting to know you all, I already see some familiar names in here! That's about it guys.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm 42, wife's 40. High school sweethearts. We were married in 1984 and are still going strong. I'm surprised she's put up with me this long. ;) We have two kids, girl and boy 14 & 12, a dog, three cats, 5 mice and three aquariums. I have way too many hobbies to list but they include nascar, football/hockey/baseball. I am a K-12 Technology Director, a musician (my band's website is in my tag), I love to cook and now I have this cigar hobby. We are very active in our church and we love to ride our motorcycle.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a good thread. I'm in molecular biology research, mostly studying bacterial pathogens. These days, I'm mostly working with anthrax (where the money is) and chlamydia (where my interests lie). Outside of work and cigars, I enjoy reading (mostly history) and traveling. I used to play a lot of golf, but I’m way out of practice now. I’m married with no kids and no pets, but both of those might be changing soon. The wife is cool with my smoking cigars, so she’s a keeper.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
n-tron said:
...These days, I'm mostly working with anthrax (where the money is) and chlamydia (where my interests lie).
Note to self ... Think twice before trading cigars with n-tron :sarcastic :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ok my turn..... I am 19 years old(ya I know a youngin) born and raised in Granite City IL. Moved to St. Louis, MO when I was 14. I have been smoking cigars for about a year now and love it. I go to school at University of Missouri St. Louis and hoping to transfer to Kansas or Mizzou and pick up a business dergee of some sort. I seem to have many hobbies , most that I can barely afford. I am a full blown sports nut, I love Football, basketball, baseball, hockey and any other sport you can think of. I enjoy working on Cars mostly my 300Z and I help my bro out with his s2000 from time to time. Also enjoy the outdoors Fishing, boating, hiking and working out. My second major hobby next to Cigars has to be golf which also costs me a freaking arm and leg. I do not have a major job yet just help out with our family business(selling, cleaning and repairing oriental rugs) which keeps me pretty busy. Thats about it right now...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm 47 and have been married for 14 years. We have an 8-year-old daughter.
I am a psychologist and work for Eastern Michigan University and have a private practice on the side. Between work and my daughter there's very little time for much else. But in my spare time, besides smoking cigars, I play the guitar (love the blues), like to read, and enjoy going to the movies.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coin collector as a kid, now professional coin dealer...
just celebrated 10th anniversary with 2nd, and BEST, wife...
four kids, all early-mid 20's, one puppy - a pug - and one dumb cat...
consider myself an anarcho-buddhist (political Anarchist, yet guided by respect and compassion for others)...
collect books, wine & spirits, ancient coins, and cigars (mostly Cuban)...
addicted to newspapers, at least two per day...
speak good French, fair Spanish, some Portuguese...
love to travel, as much as time and budgets permit,
been to Cuba five times in last four years!

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tabaco-y-Ron said:
been to Cuba five times in last four years!
Just had to throw that in there didn't you :grinFU: :bouncetau

Welcome to BOTL good intro and one hell of a second post.....I got first dib on some custom rolled cigars!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lets see. 30 years old, recently married w/ a 4 year old step son. Have a Great Dane named Marley and a Jack Russell mix named Peanut. Just signed a contract on a house and close May 31st. I work for MCI and design data circuits all day, while taking breaks between all the forums. I support DS0s(56k) up to optical(O192s) and have been w/ MCI since 1999. I've been smoking cigars for 1 1/2 years or so now. Love it. Play mens softball 2 times a week. Swinging Richards and Masterbatters, are the team names. I enjoy brewing beer and have made wine in the past. Enjoy photography, music, and art. About it for now.