What's new

What Grinds My Gears Thread

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Hate being passed over for a promotion that I certainly feel I was one of the top candidates for...

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Fat girls thinking they look smaller if they have clothes that are to small for them! Bitch you look even fatter now!

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
People who unnecessarily choose "Reply-All" when replying to an email message.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
It's been a banner week so far, but the short list would be:

1.) People who get their animal microchipped, but then never bother to register it or update their address.

2.) My wife for making me go to Michael's to look for a picture frame. I don't belong in those kinds of stores. Then for getting mad when I couldn't find it...because it doesn't exsist!

3.) People who complain about their current situation without stopping. I don't want to listen to you go on and on and on and on...about how you failed your Art Appreciation final. You should have studied more...you did study :scratchhe...well I guess you're just an idiot. Oh you can't pay your electric bill? Shouldn't have gone out drinking last night then huh?

4.) Coworkers...see #3.

I feel better now :grin:.

Dan

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Dumb bastards who have 24 items in the "8 Items Or Less" lane at the supermarket.
If I buy, say, 24 gallons of milk....is that 1 item?

I had this argument with someone the other day. I had like 10 limes, 4 packages of chicken wings and a 3 other items in the 12 item only lane. I said I had 5 items, not 17.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
It's been a banner week so far, but the short list would be:

1.) People who get their animal microchipped, but then never bother to register it or update their address.

2.) My wife for making me go to Michael's to look for a picture frame. I don't belong in those kinds of stores. Then for getting mad when I couldn't find it...because it doesn't exsist!

3.) People who complain about their current situation without stopping. I don't want to listen to you go on and on and on and on...about how you failed your Art Appreciation final. You should have studied more...you did study :scratchhe...well I guess you're just an idiot. Oh you can't pay your electric bill? Shouldn't have gone out drinking last night then huh?

4.) Coworkers...see #3.

I feel better now :grin:.

Dan
you forgot #5. Frank

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0

I had this argument with someone the other day. I had like 10 limes, 4 packages of chicken wings and a 3 other items in the 12 item only lane. I said I had 5 items, not 17.
Produce is totally different. Usually done by the pound, so those limes were totally one item.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0

Like Centex said, the limes would be one item. Now, as far as the milk example, that would be pushing it. The whole point of the 10 items or less lane is to get through quickly. If someone comes up to the register with 3 carts all filled with the same item kinda defeats the purpose of the express lane! :)

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
People who think that you are supposed to know everything. Nothing worse that someone who was born with a plethora of knowledge at birth.
People who can't discipline their children, ESPECIALLY in a public place. I have kids, you don't see me letting my children run around hitting other people and causing general mayhem...keep your children under some kind of orderly chaos, like the rest of us.
I am done for a minute. Check back later with more heh:noemotion

WhiteWolfIndulgence

Prince Sascha
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What GRINDS my gears:

Obamacare
DADT coverage (I don't care WHAT your sexual orientation is, if you're fighting to protect MY Freedom and you don't even KNOW me, you're a patriot)
The fact that at the bank, post office and many stores there are FOUR or more windows and a third as many clerks.
My building manager who hates us and sweeps LOUDLY at midnight in front of our doorstep
high cost of living in California --set by all the people who moved here and overinflated this once great state
The entire "these are bad for you and you're addicted" talk I get from my cardiologist AND General Practitioner.
whiny bitches who complain about my cigar/pipe when they've got a cigarette
asshats who drive too fast down my street, thus endangering animals and children
The fact that I had to wait THREE WEEKS just to get a prescription for vitamin D pills because MediCAL couldn't go through protocol quicker. Thank goddess it's not my heart pills.

I think that's enough....

For now