What's new

whats on your grill today?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I think thats where I have gone wrong... they have ended up a little tough and not too flavorful both times when I gave them a whirl... Im guessing my heat was too high.. and I left them on the heat too long..

they didnt end up burned/charred.. but they ate like a nickel steak...

I might have to give a rack of lamb another try... I've loved it every time someone else has cooked it for me (resturant)... I just havent been able to crack the code on cooking it myself yet...

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well that looks amazing...I'm in!

Made these Saturday, thought I posted it already guess not. Anyway, 2 year aged white cheddar stuffed fresh from the garden jalapeños wrapped in bacon of course. Smoked in the weber over apple and cherry wood for about 2 hours. Basted with BBQ sauce the entire time.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I think thats where I have gone wrong... they have ended up a little tough and not too flavorful both times when I gave them a whirl... Im guessing my heat was too high.. and I left them on the heat too long..

they didnt end up burned/charred.. but they ate like a nickel steak...

I might have to give a rack of lamb another try... I've loved it every time someone else has cooked it for me (resturant)... I just havent been able to crack the code on cooking it myself yet...
Loins are simple the key is two fold. Marinate in something to break the meat down a bit i use a vinegar base something .... season them simply: salt pepper and a couple of herbs. cook em like a filet or you will have hockey pucks. They are not meant to be well done.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Have been trying to decide....want to do something different. So far I've come up with ... it needs to involve bacon and jalapenos......

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm not going to fire mine until Monday... But I'm thinking about another brisket right now...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Rating - 100%
69   0   0

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Man I want to do another brisket but its so pricey here.
Check COSTCO... The one here carries a decent cut of meat... theyre a little on the small size for my likes (between 5-6 lbs.. I prefer to cook briskets in the 7-8lb range.. I like the thicker cuts).. but they are priced right... I usually get one there for about $25.. and it will feed us for 3 meals plus snacks...

Theyre not in the same class as those Kobe/Wagu briskets I buy at the butcher.. but they are literally 1/4 the cost... and still do really well on the smoker..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Damn! JJ is not screwing around this weekend!

Where did you grab that brisket at?