What's new

Your first concert?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First concert I attended because my best friend got two free tickets and we had nothing better to do: GooGoo Dolls.

First concert that I attended that meant something to me: VooDoo Fest, 2007. My girlfriend at the time and I sat in the rain waiting for Paul Simon to come onstage. The rain cleared up, the sun came out, and Paul Simon started playing. One of the most magical memories I have.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My memory is a little foggy, but I believe it was The Who at Rich Stadium in 1982 or was it the Allman Brothers at Niagara Universty?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Love seeing some of the old shows! Mine was Van Halen(right before their first album came out) warming up for Black Sabbath at the Palladium in NYC. That place had some great concerts. I also remember the Iron Maiden/Priest show almost like it was yesterday, and caught Ozzy with Randy just weeks before his passing. G1

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
REO Speedwagon in the late 70's. I think I was 9 and my big sister took me there with her then boyfriend. Basically, she wanted to go on a date and get stoned but had to babysit me...So guess where I ended up?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rush and Blue Oyster Cult in a 300 seat theatre in 74. I think my ears were bleeding after. I went with a buddy and after it was over I called home to get a ride and could not hear anything. I kept shouting "It's over, can you pick us up?" I hung up the phone not knowing if aryone was even on the phone!!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
hmmmm. all pretty much a haze. it might have been neil young with linda rondstant being the opening act. or it might have been black oak arkansas with brownsville station.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
first concert was garth brooks, but i was only like 7 or younger. what i remember was a badass show.but now I have Cowboy Mouth( the original group, not todays) as my bench mark for an awesome show... if youve been to a show of theirs, you know exactly what im talkin about

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
hmmmm. all pretty much a haze. it might have been neil young with linda rondstant being the opening act. or it might have been black oak arkansas with brownsville station.
Thank you for the Brownsville Station memory jog! I'd been racking my brain trying to remember who opened for Aerosmith at a concert in the mid-70's. Actually, Brownsville Station was the better act. Steven Tyler was totally wasted and barely even tried to sing; Joe Perry wasn't much better. Hamilton, Kramer and Whitford tried to hold things together, but it was a HUGE disappointment.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
and while not the first, one of the othe early shows i went to was robin trower (look him up if you don't know him) who performed in the old cowtown ballroom. this was a converted roller rink. talk about LOUD. has to be the primary reason i can't hear shite today!

Hayblet

Guided Missle
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First concert not so sure of which it was, I want to say it was the mega show of Rob Zombie (might have still been White Zombie then) Korn, and NIN, been to a Buffet concert, saw Metallica and Megadeth which both had Corrosion of Conformity open for them, 2 different shows obviously, seen the Insane Clown Posse a few times, Twiztid like 4 or 5, oh and saw Bloody and the Vaynes several times when I lived in IL