What's new

Conceal Carry Handguns

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Picked up a new holster for my G32. Guy on instagram that goes by code4kydexholsters makes em in all kinds of colors. This is a iwb in coyote tan that's convertible to owb. He is a veteran and makes great stuff. Very comfortable rig.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I've always loved 1911's... And have had a bunch of different makes and models over the years ranging from an old singer ww2 govt model to a tricked out, customized Springfield trp.. But for the most part they have been my "pretty" guns.. I have largely carried glocks as a "daily" for the better part of 20+ years...

That said.. This 1911 may end up being the most "special" of them all...

I went to go celebrate my fathers 70th birthday with him this afternoon...

When I walked through the door, I handed pops a limited edition case knife set and said "happy birthday"...

Pops in turn handed me the kimber.. And said "happy birthday to you".. (Mine was a while back.. But this is the first I've seen him since mine passed)...

Hell of a birthday gift... I was blown away... (And felt like a chump after just giving him the knife... He makes you guys look tame when it comes to surprise bombings lol...)...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I've always loved 1911's... And have had a bunch of different makes and models over the years ranging from an old singer ww2 govt model to a tricked out, customized Springfield trp.. But for the most part they have been my "pretty" guns.. I have for the most part carried glocks as a "daily" for the better part of 20+ years...

That said.. This 1911 may end up being the most "special" of them all...

I went to go celebrate my fathers 70th birthday with him...

When I walked through the door, I handed pops a limited edition case folder and said "happy birthday"...

Pops in turn handed me the kimber.. And said "happy birthday to you".. (Mine was a while back.. But this is the first I've seen him since mine passed)...

Hell of a birthday gift... I was blown away... (And felt like a chump after just giving him the knife... He makes you guys looks tame when it comes to surprise bombings lol...)...
Great story!

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Newest member in my EDC family. Love this gun. Right out of the box, this SA EMP 9mm shot dead center. I know someone that works for Crimson Trace, who hooked me up with a laser grip for the middle of the night deployment or intimidation. Lol. This gun is dialed in. Shot a perfect qual course with it. Love my DM Bullard holster too. The 1911 is an easy gun for me, although I like carrying my Xd sub compact 9mm or Xd 45 too. The striker firing pin works excellent.

FYI, I could have bought this in a .40, but not a big fan of that caliber. With today's ballistics, I prefer a 9 or a 45. I'm a big fan of all the Springfield Armory stuff. Love my Kimbers, My Sigs and my HK. Just different guns for different stuff. Hardest thing for me is what ammo I'm carrying in certain states. When I'm with a client like I was in New Jersey a month ago, I had to carry ball ammo. Stupid law, since I'm retired LEO, but at least I knew. Everywhere else, I've carried awesome hollow point ammo.

Attachments

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Newest member in my EDC family. Love this gun. Right out of the box, this SA EMP 9mm shot dead center. I know someone that works for Crimson Trace, who hooked me up with a laser grip for the middle of the night deployment or intimidation. Lol. This gun is dialed in. Shot a perfect qual course with it. Love my DM Bullard holster too. The 1911 is an easy gun for me, although I like carrying my Xd sub compact 9mm or Xd 45 too. The striker firing pin works excellent.

FYI, I could have bought this in a .40, but not a big fan of that caliber. With today's ballistics, I prefer a 9 or a 45. I'm a big fan of all the Springfield Armory stuff. Love my Kimbers, My Sigs and my HK. Just different guns for different stuff. Hardest thing for me is what ammo I'm carrying in certain states. When I'm with a client like I was in New Jersey a month ago, I had to carry ball ammo. Stupid law, since I'm retired LEO, but at least I knew. Everywhere else, I've carried awesome hollow point ammo.
I believe federal makes an expanding fmj load. I'm not sure how that works with the NJ laws though.