What's new

Evil Black Rifles

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm still waiting on bolt for my Blackout build but my reloading dies came in the mail on Friday. I'm also still waiting on a trim die but just for fun, I decided to make a dry run on converting 5.56 x 45 brass into 7.62 x 35 rounds.

Left-to-right: a standard 5.56mm x 45 case; a case after going through the resizing die; the reformed case trimmed to length; and an assembled dummy round (150 gr Hornady bullet, no powder or primer). I'm really looking forward to getting some live rounds loaded and sending them downrange...even if I have to pirate the BCG out of the 5.56 AR.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm still waiting on bolt for my Blackout build but my reloading dies came in the mail on Friday. I'm also still waiting on a trim die but just for fun, I decided to make a dry run on converting 5.56 x 45 brass into 7.62 x 35 rounds.

Left-to-right: a standard 5.56mm x 45 case; a case after going through the resizing die; the reformed case trimmed to length; and an assembled dummy round (150 gr Hornady bullet, no powder or primer). I'm really looking forward to getting some live rounds loaded and sending them downrange...even if I have to pirate the BCG out of the 5.56 AR.
What powder you putting behind that 150gr? I'll have to pull out my .300BLK recipes but I think i've only used 110gr bullets. They shoot great out of my 9" SBR though :glassesgr

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What powder you putting behind that 150gr? I'll have to pull out my .300BLK recipes but I think i've only used 110gr bullets. They shoot great out of my 9" SBR though
I haven't seen any published data for 150 gr bullets but I found a few recipes online. I'm still working on it but 15.5 gr of Win 296 (basically H110) seems to be working out so far. I get flattened primers at 16 gr. I just need to tune my gas system now.

I also just got my hands on some Nosler 125 gr BTPTs that I look forward to beginning at Hodgdon's published starting load of 16.7 gr of 296.

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay, I'm gonna call my Blackout build done...the basics anyway:

I'm still waiting on my Troy backup sights to arrive and after that, it's down to doodads. I had a short but successful trip to the range today, to work out a short stroking problem. I couldn't adjust the gas block enough to pick up the next round or lock back on an empty mag. I R&Red the gas block but it turned out to be the BCG. I swapped BCGs between my two ARs and they both worked fine. I figure after I break in the new BCG on the 5.56, I'll give it a try in the Blackout again later...or not, since they're both working.

Now I need to spend some time at the reloading bench. It seems to like the 150 gr loads I mentioned upthread and the 125 gr Noslers over 16.8 gr of Win 296. I think I'll chrony a few next weekend.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Went to the range yesterday with one of my friends and he brought his new toy with him. Hands down the most fun thing I have ever shot.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Nice ARs everyone! I actually got this about two Weeks before sandyhok. Luckiest sob ever ;) S&W mp15 sport for $630 new! Nothing close to some of your guys but I love it! It eats up anything and dead accurate right out of the box with steel sights! Trying to decide what I want to do to it first.

uploadfromtaptalk1364149043149.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364149069747.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see a dedicated AR thread, here's my contribution

Sun Devil Billet Lower
Geissele SSA / DD LPK / KNS Anti Rotation Pins / BattleArms Ambi Saftey / Magpul MIAD
Spikes BCG / Spikes ST-2 Buffer / Magpul CTR with ASAP and MS3
Vltor VIS-2A / DD 16" Mid-length Barrel / BattleComp / Troy Flip-up BUIS / Magpul FUG

Planning to add an optic soon..

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
For those in the market for high-end ARs, the LWRC M6-IC has shipped and is in stock at some LWRC dealers. Worth calling around. I've held one of the prototypes and they are tits! I own two M6A2s and they are rock-solid.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My buddy Adam works for LWRC. Awesome guy. If you go to one of their in-store events, he'll probably be the guy you're talking to.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My buddy Adam works for LWRC. Awesome guy. If you go to one of their in-store events, he'll probably be the guy you're talking to.
Not so much an event...I just walked into my local shop to ask about M6IC orders and the LWRC reps were there in front of me talking to the shop owner! The prototype was select-fire with the IR dispersal paint in FDE...wow!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Just got the great strengthening of gun laws here in MD basically have till October 1. Gonna probably try and track down a couple lowers. Then build em out whenever