What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This morning's smoke, assembled last night.
20220331_050126.jpg
This is one corojo seco, one corojo viso. Bound and wrapped in Ecuadorian CT wrapper leaf (i think, its been in a separate bag for a while so no label ). No mold or paper strip was used in the production of this stick, as you may guess looking at it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First batch of 30 with CT BL binder. Next batch of 30 will have PA BL binder (same filler ratios). Once all 60 are done being bound, going to try out 5 different wrappers:
-Brazil CT 2012
-EC Habano 2000
-PA BL
-Mexican San Andres
-Sumatra

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Every time I see this thread I want to go build a temp controlled barn for rolling cigars. The sticks look awesome and it sounds like so much fun.

Maybe I'll just kick out the in-laws. I'm sure my wife will understand. :p

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Every time I see this thread I want to go build a temp controlled barn for rolling cigars. The sticks look awesome and it sounds like so much fun.

I roll in a 2-foot-square corner of my kitchen next to a window with temp swings of 60 degrees. When I'm not rolling, the fruit basket goes back to the countertop corner and my board goes back behind my desk.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I roll on the desk in my home office.
The tabla I roll on is about the size of a small laptop.

Today's test quickie is a Cubra puro... three super thin leaves of Cubra seco, double bound in Cubra viso wrapper, then wrapped in Cubra viso wrapper. I'll spark it this afternoon. Want to find out what Cubra brings to the table.

I am wondering how the heck I managed to wrap this backwards. Doesn't seem possible. Cannot re-create the event in my imagination. Well, long as I can burn enough to test without the whole stick unraveling.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I roll on the desk in my home office.
The tabla I roll on is about the size of a small laptop.

Today's test quickie is a Cubra puro... three super thin leaves of Cubra seco, double bound in Cubra viso wrapper, then wrapped in Cubra viso wrapper. I'll spark it this afternoon. Want to find out what Cubra brings to the table.

View attachment 170803

I am wondering how the heck I managed to wrap this backwards. Doesn't seem possible. Cannot re-create the event in my imagination. Well, long as I can burn enough to test without the whole stick unraveling.
You guys wouldn't try to push a brother off a cliff, would ya?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolooly. It's what I do.
Whattaya need to lose control?
I've got to do some more research on storage and proper casing. I wouldn't lose control just yet. I am really itching to work on some Corojo puros with stuff from different countries and I am really interested in playing with Sumatra and Brazilian wrappers or binders.

It would take a lot of research (again) on several subjects including vendors before I dive in. I might shoot Jeff from Amendola a message and see if he knows good vendors for folks just wanting a pound or two of something.

On the plus side I don't have to worry about molds. I want to recreate little 44 or 46 size cigars like the old J. Fuego "Originals" vitolas.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've got to do some more research on storage and proper casing. I wouldn't lose control just yet. I am really itching to work on some Corojo puros with stuff from different countries and I am really interested in playing with Sumatra and Brazilian wrappers or binders.

It would take a lot of research (again) on several subjects including vendors before I dive in. I might shoot Jeff from Amendola a message and see if he knows good vendors for folks just wanting a pound or two of something.

On the plus side I don't have to worry about molds. I want to recreate little 44 or 46 size cigars like the old J. Fuego "Originals" vitolas.
Yo, please keep us in mind if you get any Amendola hookups, thank you.