What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Amazing to get that much detail on any commercial blend!
Davidoff seems to release more blend info than anyone. Through the years I've observed that their blend sort of starts with equal parts PS and PL, somewhat more SVV, and somewhat less O. Then they just jigger those numbers, with a mind to varying the ratios of sweet, acid, bitter, palate, and salty. Adding Esteli is a special departure.

I have of course tried to replicate these formulas, but could only get SVL from WLT, not SVV. And of course I never made anything that tasted remotely like the Davidoffs I was attempting to approximate.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Davidoff seems to release more blend info than anyone. Through the years I've observed that their blend sort of starts with equal parts PS and PL, somewhat more SVV, and somewhat less O. Then they just jigger those numbers, with a mind to varying the ratios of sweet, acid, bitter, palate, and salty. Adding Esteli is a special departure.

I have of course tried to replicate these formulas, but could only get SVL from WLT, not SVV. And of course I never made anything that tasted remotely like the Davidoffs I was attempting to approximate.
Interesting… that’s what I’ve been noticing of having to change up if it’s a Ligero, Viso, or Seco. No 1 for 1 matches available all the way through the blend. I’m hoping with the sticks wrapped with the WLT EC Oscuro wrapper, that they will burn as that wrapper has been a bit of a pain.

Bliss- out of the ones you attempted, were you able to get some decently complex blends out of your experimenting or did they end up kinda “Eh”?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting… that’s what I’ve been noticing of having to change up if it’s a Ligero, Viso, or Seco. No 1 for 1 matches available all the way through the blend. I’m hoping with the sticks wrapped with the WLT EC Oscuro wrapper, that they will burn as that wrapper has been a bit of a pain.

Bliss- out of the ones you attempted, were you able to get some decently complex blends out of your experimenting or did they end up kinda “Eh”?
Nothing ever came of anything I did with the WLT SVL. Nowadays my blends are all either pure Piloto or a Piloto/Olor blend, so I guess the concept must have worked for me on some level.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
We always get our last snow in March, here in DullAware. That storm came and went over the weekend. Outlook is fairly mild the rest of the week. Which should give me ample opportunity to work up some new blends. New blends have been stymied by it being too cold to go outside for a test smoke.

I'm trying a new tactic now. Instead of looking for a new blend to stash, I'm going to try this and that combos until I stumble upon one which warrants stashing. So there'll be a lot of unbanded ROTTs for a bit.

Here's one of two test quickies comprised of two corojo viso leaves and two small pelo de oro seco leaves, bound in bronceado wrapper and wrapped in Ecuadorian maduro:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We always get our last snow in March, here in DullAware. That storm came and went over the weekend. Outlook is fairly mild the rest of the week. Which should give me ample opportunity to work up some new blends. New blends have been stymied by it being too cold to go outside for a test smoke.

I'm trying a new tactic now. Instead of looking for a new blend to stash, I'm going to try this and that combos until I stumble upon one which warrants stashing. So there'll be a lot of unbanded ROTTs for a bit.

Here's one of two test quickies comprised of two corojo viso leaves and two small pelo de oro seco leaves, bound in bronceado wrapper and wrapped in Ecuadorian maduro:

View attachment 170028
Interesting combo! Intrigued myself as to the outcome!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

View attachment 170028
Funny combo of binder and wrapper. I recently put big pieces of Ec. Maduro wrapper leaf under my Ec. Bronceado wrapper on a mix of Pelo de Oro seco and corojo seco....