What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 167047

Big day tomorrow: The blue-surpliced Priests of Science will implant a Watchman device in my heart.
Hoping for clear heads and steady hands among them all.
Thoughts, prayers & good vibes for tomorrow brother! Hopefully downtime isn’t too long. Make sure to have them set that watch device for at least another century!

Keep those hands busy rolling up some tasty concoctions if your able to! Please reach out if there’s anything we can help ya with brother.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
All the best wishes and prayers for you, Bearswatter, and your medical team. Talk to you again soon!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
yes but how does it taste
This wrapper overwhelmed what I normally get from an all corojo filler bound in NHS. Of course I always used a LO Ecuador Seco wrapper before, which is much thinner leaf. I have also used a Brazilian wrapper on the corojo doll and enjoyed that as well.
I haven’t figured out how to describe this Maduro exactly. Fist draw on the stick was mostly wrapper as it was a shaggy foot and my initial thought was some bakers chocolate.
As I continued, normally an inch in I get all the corojo fillers working together but I never hit that familiar flavor. Still a good smoke, perhaps I should let this sit to dry a bit longer. It is probably at a higher moisture content than I normally achieve in prep, which could also be why I have enjoyed working with it (something I should learn there). I do pick up a tiny bit of cherry in this, or maybe some other dark fruit. Perhaps I need to use less overlap or a larger ring gauge to let the filler shine through a bit more.
Still an enjoyable stick, but I need to make some adjustments to get it in the zone. I bet it would work well with some of the heavier blends.
More to follow later!20211205_153858.jpg20211205_153913.jpg

PS: the white speckles are sawdust, I'm in the shop. ;)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This wrapper overwhelmed what I normally get from an all corojo filler bound in NHS. Of course I always used a LO Ecuador Seco wrapper before, which is much thinner leaf. I have also used a Brazilian wrapper on the corojo doll and enjoyed that as well.
I haven’t figured out how to describe this Maduro exactly. Fist draw on the stick was mostly wrapper as it was a shaggy foot and my initial thought was some bakers chocolate.
As I continued, normally an inch in I get all the corojo fillers working together but I never hit that familiar flavor. Still a good smoke, perhaps I should let this sit to dry a bit longer. It is probably at a higher moisture content than I normally achieve in prep, which could also be why I have enjoyed working with it (something I should learn there). I do pick up a tiny bit of cherry in this, or maybe some other dark fruit. Perhaps I need to use less overlap or a larger ring gauge to let the filler shine through a bit more.
Still an enjoyable stick, but I need to make some adjustments to get it in the zone. I bet it would work well with some of the heavier blends.
More to follow later!View attachment 167054View attachment 167055

PS: the white speckles are sawdust, I'm in the shop. ;)
Thanks. In general I consider it just one of many blend killer wrappers available. But sometimes I'll find something that works for a moment and I'll get suckered into buying more, and then I regret it. Too hit or miss, mostly miss. If I had to use some now I'd try to sock the rolls away for a year to see if something surprising happens.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn't notice that WLT had an Ec CT Shade back in stock. I wonder long it's been there. The one they had in 2015 was great. Then they went to a CT CT Shade that wasn't great.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The CT let the corojo come through but was a bit bitter, didn't expect that. I may need to make some a let them sit for a bit rather than roll and smoke right away. 20211206_143130.jpg
Perhaps I should smoke a bkank without a wrapper to see if its just my taste buds or something I've been eating thats messing me up....

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The CT let the corojo come through but was a bit bitter, didn't expect that. I may need to make some a let them sit for a bit rather than roll and smoke right away. View attachment 167076
Perhaps I should smoke a bkank without a wrapper to see if its just my taste buds or something I've been eating thats messing me up....
Easy to imagine a CT being bitter if ain't ready.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy to imagine a CT being bitter if ain't ready.
That 2012 & 2013 Brazil CT from WLT is wonderful & will always want more! Need to smoke more of the WLT EC CT shade, but have high hopes for it. The LO Nic CT shade has a little funk to it. Will find a blend it works with at some point. Ordered some of the LO Connecticut shade premium leaf during the sale… fingers crossed on that one.

Edit added:
WLT Los Rios wrapper has been performing very nicely as well. Have a couple lbs of the WLT USA CT Shade 2006 that’s a little all over the place. Determined to nail something with it.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That 2012 & 2013 Brazil CT from WLT is wonderful & will always want more! Need to smoke more of the WLT EC CT shade, but have high hopes for it. The LO Nic CT shade has a little funk to it. Will find a blend it works with at some point. Ordered some of the LO Connecticut shade premium leaf during the sale… fingers crossed on that one.

Edit added:
WLT Los Rios wrapper has been performing very nicely as well. Have a couple lbs of the WLT USA CT Shade 2006 that’s a little all over the place. Determined to nail something with it.
The only CT Shade I have in stock ATM is the LO Nic. Normally it's difficult, but if I use a seriously heavy strong blend in it then it plays along nicely with that concept.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only CT Shade I have in stock ATM is the LO Nic. Normally it's difficult, but if I use a seriously heavy strong blend in it then it plays along nicely with that concept.
Excellent advise and you have definitely saved me hours of rolling/testing. I appreciate you and your feedback brother.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So here we have 1 Pelo d'Oro ligero bunched up by hand and bound with the inner part of an Ecuador Maduro wrapper leaf.
Very lumpy as I took it from the bag it hydrated in overnight and rolled it up, ripped it in half and layer the halves over each other. Squeezed that for a moment then put the binding around it. This will not be accidentally rolling anywhere!
20211207_093355.jpg

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So here we have 1 Pelo d'Oro ligero bunched up by hand and bound with the inner part of an Ecuador Maduro wrapper leaf.
Very lumpy as I took it from the bag it hydrated in overnight and rolled it up, ripped it in half and layer the halves over each other. Squeezed that for a moment then put the binding around it. This will not be accidentally rolling anywhere!
View attachment 167101
You should patent your roll-proof technique.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So today's roll is 1+ criollo ligero leaf and an Ecuador viso leaf. The viso was large and thin so I used it as binder. The ligero is closer to 1 and a half leaves.
This sat in the mold for a couple hours, then an Ec CT shade wrapper.
Its not as high of a case this time....
View attachment 167121View attachment 167122
I cracked open a bag of WLT C98 viso I've had for a few years and wrapped it in some CT Shade. Didn't really bring much to the party.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I cracked open a bag of WLT C98 viso I've had for a few years and wrapped it in some CT Shade. Didn't really bring much to the party.
I agree, the criollo ligero burned nicely, but I need to add something to this blend. I'm thinking something Nicaraguan....it seems the criollo may be a nice carrier and will play nicely with others, but needs others to play with in order to shine.