What's new

The Official Budget Stick Thread

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I think, as Dave pointed out, that there are a ton of threads looking for a great cheaper smoke, a "diamond in the rough". I stopped looking a long time ago, as did most smokers I know. You will not, ever, ever, ever find a 2$ cigar that no one knows about that is almost as good as something in the 10$ up range. You will however find some that are "good for 2$" but if you are dedicating time to something (1hr +) why even bother?

My advise, give up looking now. Save money, eat less, sell your children or wife, do whatever it takes to smoke something you enjoy when you have that small amount of free time to enjoy yourself during the week and dont settle for something because it is cheap. Smoke less if you have to! Make it a hobby not a habit!
Agree. Well said.
My only need for Cheapies are for give aways. I have buddies with real tight finances so I float them when we hang. I prob give away 15-25 cigars a month. So the 1.50-2 range is ideal. A few of them can tell a great cigar, others can't. I got burned giving tats etc to guys who may not finish it or simply don't have the pallette for quality yet.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think, as Dave pointed out, that there are a ton of threads looking for a great cheaper smoke, a "diamond in the rough". I stopped looking a long time ago, as did most smokers I know. You will not, ever, ever, ever find a 2$ cigar that no one knows about that is almost as good as something in the 10$ up range. You will however find some that are "good for 2$" but if you are dedicating time to something (1hr +) why even bother?

My advise, give up looking now. Save money, eat less, sell your children or wife, do whatever it takes to smoke something you enjoy when you have that small amount of free time to enjoy yourself during the week and dont settle for something because it is cheap. Smoke less if you have to! Make it a hobby not a habit!
Couldn't agree more

The amount of money spent on searching for the perfect $2 cigar will end becoming a bigger waste. Especially when it could have just been used on cigars you know carry the better quality.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I met him the other day (JF) and Pete and he were talking about them. I said I had never heard of them. Alas, the store we were at did not have any. Pete was saying that they were old school smokes. You just ripe the corner off and pull one out.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was just looking at some reviews for these and I decided to get a few! If I don't like 'em they'll be good sticks for the friends that want a cigar after a few drinks, lol.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
El Cobre's are a great budget stick. A little over your $2 mark, but well worth it. Nica Libre and Flor de Oliva are good cheapo sticks too.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
El Cobre's are a great budget stick. A little over your $2 mark, but well worth it. Nica Libre and Flor de Oliva are good cheapo sticks too.

Ah, so Flor de Oliva are good??

That's great to hear.

I was interested in Calle Ocho until I found out they have sweetened tips. No thank you.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
yeah the flor de oliva are good, but as justin said in his post that golden $2 dollar cigar doesnt exist. I used to stock up on the budget bin cigars but if your taste change your left with a bunch of dog rockets. I know your budget is limited but patience is what it takes. keep a look at the marketplace here, can find some really good deals and browse the internet sites smoking deals pop up now and then. Id rather smoke two really enjoyable cigars a week than have to "tolerate" five in a week. Another thing you can try is smoking some of the smaller vitolas/tin cigars. get a good deal and more enjoyable than 2buck chuck.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Agree. Well said.
My only need for Cheapies are for give aways. I have buddies with real tight finances so I float them when we hang. I prob give away 15-25 cigars a month. So the 1.50-2 range is ideal. A few of them can tell a great cigar, others can't. I got burned giving tats etc to guys who may not finish it or simply don't have the pallette for quality yet.

I am the same way. I know guys who have been smoking years longer than I have and have no interest in tats or Liga.

I flip'em with the hook! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you play your cards right, you can land a bundle for $44 (add $7.95 for shipping).

No kidding - did it two weeks ago!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
OK so I'll say that $2 is much too low.

But going up to, say, $4/stick.

Recommended brands? Are there some greats to be found at this price range?

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Just ordered a box of Fumadores by DPG. About $48.00 incl shipping for 20. I know they are a sandwich fill, but I have yet to try anything from Pepin that I did not like and often love.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just ordered a box of Fumadores by DPG. About $48.00 incl shipping for 20. I know they are a sandwich fill, but I have yet to try anything from Pepin that I did not like and often love.

What vendor, if you don't mind me asking?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got a box of Fumadores free with an order from Holts a few years ago. I didnt care for them at all. I am a big Pepin fan, but these just didnt do it for me. Maybe I should give them another shot.

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm giving the origen originals a biiiig thumbs up :grin: Lots of smoke, big on taste, and full strength for sure. I'm not a big NC smoker but these are a gem at their price point. I'm not going to say they're good for a 2 dollar stick, they're just good period.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Holy Jeebus. How can one of the tastiest and most perfect cigars I've smoked (Padron Delicias) be had for less than $80 / box of 26???

Now that is a budget stick I wouldn't bat an eye at.