What's new

The Thanksgiving Weekend "Smoke your Rare Smoke" thread

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
American. Not fortunate enough to get in on the canister original release.
OK, after some chiding by fellow BOTLs at THE Leaf, I am changing my cigar choice to a Don Carlos robusto. (the one Carlos Sr smokes) Hope this satisfies the Boys at The Leaf!! :angerFU:

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I'm sitting down with a 1940's Harvester right now. Clear Havana, not my "rare" smoke for this thing, just was in the spirit. This is the last of a handful of these I've had and enjoyed. Like with so many vintage cigars, smoking the last one is like saying goodbye to an old fiend.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I'll play. But I'm going to take Daviso27's idea. You pick for me. . .

1) tat sw maddie
2) tat t110
3) tat black (original)
4) padron 80th maduro
5) partagas lusitania
6) partagas salomone
7) montecristo sublimes le 2008

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I am tempted to smoke a CAO SOPRANOS Champagne bottle or Baseball bat, but the box just won't look as cool if one is missing. I thinkg I will smoke a one of a kind custom barberpole flag capped perfecto blended and rolled by none other than our own Indyrob. It ay not be pretty, but none of you have one.

LOL!!!!!:tiphat:

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Btw guys, I have gotten a few notes asking what I am going to be smoking, so here is what I will be tourching tonight and tom...

They are:

* (left) Farach Pre Embargo Cuban from the 1950's (if you are wondering, the size is about 2 5/8 x 38ish)...
* (right) Drew Estates "Dirty Rat"- a Preproduction stick that has only been given to a few people outside of Drew Estates...I was told by Steve Saka that they are trying to get the blend right, but that it uses such high quality tobacco that it may never be produced, due to the prohibitive cost...
* (bottom) One of the rarest sticks I own- a Hemingway Best Seller Maduro...only about 300 of these are known to exist, they were given out to participants of CFC 2001 and 2005 (this one is from 2001)...

Lets get the reviews started! :)

(oh, and I stole this idea for my blog too :)

~brooks

EDIT- I just smoked the "Dirty Rat"....and I have to say, if Steve Saka does not put these into production NOW, I will start a hunger strike to protest...

um...after thanksgiving :)

~brooks

Last edited:
Rating - 98%
61   1   1
Btw guys, I have gotten a few notes asking what I am going to be smoking, so here is what I will be tourching tonight and tom...

They are:

* (left) Farach Pre Embargo Cuban from the 1950's (if you are wondering, the size is about 2 5/8 x 38ish)...
* (right) Drew Estates "Dirty Rat"- a Preproduction stick that has only been given to a few people outside of Drew Estates...I was told by Steve Saka that they are trying to get the blend right, but that it uses such high quality tobacco that it may never be produced, due to the prohibitive cost...
* (bottom) One of the rarest sticks I own- a Hemingway Best Seller Maduro...only about 300 of these are known to exist, they were given out to participants of CFC 2001 and 2005 (this one is from 2001)...

Lets get the reviews started! :)

(oh, and I stole this idea for my blog too :)

~brooks

EDIT- I just smoked the "Dirty Rat"....and I have to say, if Steve Saka does not put these into production NOW, I will start a hunger strike to protest...

um...after thanksgiving :)

~brooks
I have two of the Dirty Rats I got from Saka himself as well... haven't tried one yet, but everyone I know who got one said the exact same thing you did, Brooks... they MUST go into production or else!!!

He also handed out his MF-4... did you get your hands on one of those?

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Since I will be stuffing my face tomorrow, I am going with a LP Flying Pig. I have been looking for an excuse to smoke one and BrooksW you have given me that excuse! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Oh man, so many choices. I've narrowed the list down to:

Partagas LR 1998
Tat Black
Forbidden X 2004
DC Maximus

Not sure how rare the DC Maximus is, but I only have two, and I've wanted to try it for a while.

I promise to pick one by the time my in-laws leave. :)

-Charles

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok... Well the sinus infection has not quite cleared up... But what do you do...
Gonna smoke a 2006 Boli CJ Jeff sent me.... Thanks Jeff!

Bowhnter

Backyard Smoker
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If I can find the right time I will smoke the Anejo N.Olson sent me. I actually pulled from the wrapper and realized now would not do it justice.
Not sure how good my review will be since I never have but will give it a shot. Hopefully Friday or Saturday.