What's new

The Thanksgiving Weekend "Smoke your Rare Smoke" thread

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
wasn't gonna do this, but saw one lone 858 rosado that was gifted to me and decided now was the time. prelight draw reminded me of a cherry chocolate. the rest of it was smooth and sweet and a real delight. wow.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
OK I smoked it and got some great pics. serious long ash competitor here. I gotta say I really enjoyed this cigar all the way through.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Ok, the wife has gone out to the garden center. The DC Maximus is burning. I'll post more details later if anyone is interested, but so far a real nice smoke.

-Charles

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
2004 Original release La Gloria Cubana Reserva Slection d Lujos. My, my my

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Had a Tat Black CG. Slightly rough looking wrapper that had a small crack in it.

I lit the shaggy foot and was hit with a faint pepper taste and that was followed by a bit of hay. As I smoked it the crack opened up but didn't hinder the cigar very much, once I got past the split it was fine. The pepper subsided a bit and the flavours of hay, oak and a bit of cocoa seemed to be present. Great smoke!

Smoked this one down to the nub!

podman28

Podman Cigar Company
Rating - 98.6%
258   2   0
I just finished off my Diamond Crown Maximus Stanford's 90th. It was well worth the wait of not smoking on Thanksgiving. It was smooth and complex. I got a nice hint of some citrus in the middle of the smoke. The burn was razor sharp and it had a very aromatic and pleasant aroma from the smoke. With such clean flavors it was just a joy to sit in my morning solitude and enjoy the cigar. I smoked it until I almost burnt my fingers with less than a 1/2" left. It was definately a cigar to be savored and I enjoyed it immensely.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Well I really suck at reviews unless they involve wet t-shirts but what the hell. If weather permits A 2006 GOF Don Carlos Robusto will cease to exist.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
so it all started over a year ago with this thread.

[ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=22411"]New Pepin/Pete/TAT Blue Label? - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

I took the info from a guy on another board that was just messing with us. I did not know that IndyRob had rolling skills, but he whipped up this cigar, spot on to the description of the "new" Stick. So eventually he had a reason to send it to me, and I have been holding onto it since then.

After feeding the flag through my Palio I gave a snip and lit it with my new Ronson. The Conneticut wrapper showed up right away with a grassy flavor that soon mellowed out as the dark natural wrapper came through with a little cedar and leather.

I noticed pretty quick that this was going to be a decent cigar and that the construction and draw were great. The ash was solid early on so I decided to see how long it would hang on. A lot more leather and cedar coming though now, still with a bit of grass hanging on in the back ground.

Ash is still holding on...even horizontally.

So by now I am really diggin this smoke. Great flavors, that have done nothing but get better. Really strong leather flavor, through the rest of this cigar. Which puts it right in the middle of my fav flavors. Realize I am also now 4 Bacardi and Sprites deep as well. The ash fell just after this photo was taken. I was getting close to falling over as well.

Great smoke Ron THANKS

So Like I said it may not be the prettiest cigar or the most desirable cigar in my humidor, but at one of a kind, certainly the rarest.

I was bummed to set this one down, but it was burning my fingers and lips.

All in all the cigar was 5 inches long, and had a 3.5 inch ash before it fell. Solid construction indeed.

Maybe rob can give us a bit more insight as to the tobaccos origins.

Last edited: