What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Looks great, brother!
How do you like that big green egg? I've seen a lot of people with them or that red one I've seen at Costco. I've been curious, but they've seemed awfully expensive to just take a chance on.
The Big Green Egg is awesome man, you really can't go wrong with any type of ceramic smoker. The red Kamado Joe comes with a little more accessories than the Egg does and if your Costco has a roadshow for the Kamado you could talk them into a really good deal on the floor model. I've heard of a lot of guys just waiting for the Kamado Roadshow just to pick one up. Also look out for the Pit Boss at Costco, it's a 24 inch grill and those are running around $600 or less and come with a lot of accessories and you have the Costco return policy which is great.

I think it's one of the better smokers out there because you can do more than just smoke meat on it, I can grill like a regular bbq with burgers and dogs, I can cook a steak on it and get it hot for a really good sear and I can also do slow and low for cooks like this. Not a lot of other smokers can do that and get the same result. I've seen my neighbor go threw a lot of different types of smokers and he fell in love with mine when I got it. He ended up getting the Pit Boss from Costco and love it now.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The Big Green Egg is awesome man, you really can't go wrong with any type of ceramic smoker. The red Kamado Joe comes with a little more accessories than the Egg does and if your Costco has a roadshow for the Kamado you could talk them into a really good deal on the floor model. I've heard of a lot of guys just waiting for the Kamado Roadshow just to pick one up. Also look out for the Pit Boss at Costco, it's a 24 inch grill and those are running around $600 or less and come with a lot of accessories and you have the Costco return policy which is great.

I think it's one of the better smokers out there because you can do more than just smoke meat on it, I can grill like a regular bbq with burgers and dogs, I can cook a steak on it and get it hot for a really good sear and I can also do slow and low for cooks like this. Not a lot of other smokers can do that and get the same result. I've seen my neighbor go threw a lot of different types of smokers and he fell in love with mine when I got it. He ended up getting the Pit Boss from Costco and love it now.
I don't have a Costco membership, but my wife and I browsed through the one that just opened up here 6 months ago. There was a rep there selling the Komodos, and he was offering me a pretty good deal on one, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on one. Especially since I already have a propane grill and two cabinet smokers, and the wife was standing next to me giving me that look.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I don't have a Costco membership, but my wife and I browsed through the one that just opened up here 6 months ago. There was a rep there selling the Komodos, and he was offering me a pretty good deal on one, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on one. Especially since I already have a propane grill and two cabinet smokers, and the wife was standing next to me giving me that look.
Haha, yeah I know what you mean. I have a gas grill too and now I don't ever use it, talked to the wife about getting rid of it and getting another ceramic smoker but she wasn't having it. I have 2 now and working on a weber kettle as my final smoker. My neighbor on the other hand now has a total of 7 grills and smokers. haha