What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I have a Weber master touch I smoke my meats in. Great grill but I have monitoring the temp, haha. I can barely handle 5-6 hours on that. Imaging 12-14 I'll shoot my self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Long smokes aren't for everyone but theirs a lot of satisfaction when you dig into a brisket you babysat in a smoker for the better part of a day.

If you want to cut down the time you have to tend to it, smoke it until the temp stalls, wrap it in foil and toss it in the oven at 225 until you hit your target temp.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Another option is to take your whole brisket and cut it in half and save half in the deep freeze for another day. Especially if you don't have a large group to feed. Another reason many don't do brisket I think is due to the cost of the cut of meat and it is a little more difficult to do right. My first brisket was tougher than a Justin boot. You have to get that internal temp up over 190f and hold it there for the tough fibers of the meat to break down and get tender otherwise it's not going to be pleasant to eat.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I have a Weber master touch I smoke my meats in. Great grill but I have monitoring the temp, haha. I can barely handle 5-6 hours on that. Imaging 12-14 I'll shoot my self.

Get a Traeger and you'll be smoking something ever chance you get. Filled it with pellets and didn't think about it for 9 hours till we pulled the ribs...temp controls are amazing on it!

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Another option is to take your whole brisket and cut it in half and save half in the deep freeze for another day. Especially if you don't have a large group to feed. Another reason many don't do brisket I think is due to the cost of the cut of meat and it is a little more difficult to do right. My first brisket was tougher than a Justin boot. You have to get that internal temp up over 190f and hold it there for the tough fibers of the meat to break down and get tender otherwise it's not going to be pleasant to eat.
I've had the best results with a pull temp between 203 & 205 degrees

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Get a Traeger and you'll be smoking something ever chance you get. Filled it with pellets and didn't think about it for 9 hours till we pulled the ribs...temp controls are amazing on it!
Please don't convince me cause I'll go buy one right now lol. My wife will kill me tho!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Smoking ribs, salmon and chicken thighs today. After 12 years my big offset smoker finally gave up the ghost this winter so I'm having to smoke meat in stages on the 22" Weber if I want to use wood instead of my electric smoker. Even though the Weber turns out good bbq I can't wait to get a big smoker again.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Resurrected a vertical smoker that hasn't been used in a few years, bought some ribs, first run with it happening now
image.jpg

Smoke rolling and temps holding steady at 200
image.jpg

I did a little online research AFTER the meat went on and learned that I could have done more to make sure they turned out awesome, so it's nothing to brag about yet... Fingers crossed

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've tried several times to upload an after pic, but every damn time, photobucket tells me, " Congratulations! You've won a new iPhone !!!" Grrr....
Anyways, it turned out great. Nice rind, etc.
Anyone have a good alternative to photobucket?
I just take the picture and use tapatalk. It can be a pain but it works.