What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently going to a small university in Pennsylvania called DeSales and studying finance there. I enjoy playing golf and rugby, traveling, cooking, smoking cigars, and having a good time with my friends.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
No one has replied to this thread in a while, so I'm new I'll give it a go.

31 years old, married, kid, whole deal. I work in the Oil & Gas industry. I'm a wireline engineer. Google that if you need to. lol

When I'm not working I like fishing, hunting, and until recently riding dirtbikes. Recent crash separated my shoulder from all that it was attached to.:argh: So no more riding. Guess that is just more time for cigars!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Married, Father of 17 and 14 year old daughters (Yikes!). I have been in the hardware business my whole life as my parents opened a store in 1972. Operate 3 locations now, parents retired so I am very busy daily. Love my job.

I Love to grill, work outside, part time pool boy and anything that gets me away from the computer! I have been an avid snowmobilier for 18 years and have logged thousands of miles in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and Canada.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Divorced but been with my GF for 8 years. Two boys 14 and 10.

Operations Manager for a large retail pharmacy company for the last 10 years. Before that I was in the Air Force.

I'm also a commercial pilot, build computers on the side, car nut, photographer for Canon for a side hobby for a while, knee deep in cigars.

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

31 years old, married, kid, whole deal. I work in the Oil & Gas industry. I'm a wireline engineer. Google that if you need to. lol

When I'm not working I like fishing, hunting, and until recently riding dirtbikes. Recent crash separated my shoulder from all that it was attached to.:argh: So no more riding. Guess that is just more time for cigars!
Who do you run wl for if you do t mind me asking? I work on wl tools for slb.

Rating - 100%
48   0   0

I work for a small independent operator here in KY. We do mostly shallow open hole logging and also run an HD down hole camera.

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I work for a small independent operator here in KY. We do mostly shallow open hole logging and also run an HD down hole camera.
Cool. I am part of the group that sustains an existing sampling and pressure tool line. Mostly high pressure/ high temperature open hole stuff. I also support a ultra high pressure/ temp pressure and sampling tool that is a one of a kind. That tool has taken me all around the globe for jobs. Keeps things interesting!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I work in a wallboard (drywall) plant... Pays the bills and allows me to live in area where I want.

Golfing and fishing top my list of hobbies... and now cigars! Which sounds like a good-time I'm sure, but unfortunately a wicked cbid habit has developed with cigar part:( lol.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, I'm a long-time occasional smoker that has taken the plunge. I am a Realtor in NW Florida. After a successful month and visiting Beach City Cigar's tasting, my wife suggested I get a nice humidor and fill it with 10-or 12 cigars. That was a month ago and I am now seasoning my 2nd humidor.

I am also a firefighter/Medic with Walton County Fire Rescue.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
first time seeing this thread, very cool to see what other members do

i'm an addictions counselor helping people get clean and into rehab/treatment programs, do in-home counseling with kids with behavioral/emotional problems, and am also an adjunct professor at a community college when can fit in the schedule

other than that i share many of the same hobbies other people in here have. i workout fairly frequently, a bit of a gym rat, but also play in recreational volleyball and soccer leagues. i ride a motorcycle even though it doesnt run right now (suuuuuuucks), golf, like scotch and good beers, and just overall debauchery with the boys.. retired frat guy that re-appears every once in a while lol

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
first time seeing this thread, very cool to see what other members do

i'm an addictions counselor helping people get clean and into rehab/treatment programs, do in-home counseling with kids with behavioral/emotional problems, and am also an adjunct professor at a community college when can fit in the schedule

other than that i share many of the same hobbies other people in here have. i workout fairly frequently, a bit of a gym rat, but also play in recreational volleyball and soccer leagues. i ride a motorcycle even though it doesnt run right now (suuuuuuucks), golf, like scotch and good beers, and just overall debauchery with the boys.. retired frat guy that re-appears every once in a while lol
^^^This guy.......looks like trouble.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool Thread! Just introduced myself a few days ago when i joined. My main daytime income comes from working in a computer store fixing computers.

My second is I am starting up an online shop where I make comic book tables. I also just recently got back in to doing art again and have had a few commissions.

Other hobbies are drumming, art, and I collect (and use) vintage Gillette safety razors.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've worked 1000 jobs but none of my dreams, I've had a 1000 friends but only a few that made the cut. I'm 31 and still not sure what happened to my 20's. I have a 1000 interests and can afford none of them. Was married at 24 and happily divorced by 27 (oh yeah, that's what happened to my 20s) No kids but I'd like to have some soon so my future wife isn't feeding both of us mushy food out of a jar. Was a druggie in my teens, a drunk in my 20s and now sober from all of it for 3 years. If you like hot peppers, I've got a variety in my garden sure to light you up. I've got great family, great friends and am sure to drag a few of you along for the ride too! To do list: write to do list.
If no one else says this I will. That maybe the be greatest explanation of ones self I have ever read.

Thank you
JM
^^^What he said

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am 43. I work for one of the oldest water districts in California. I am the purchasing agent. I am good at finding stuff. I used to be the smartest guy I knew. The last year I have come to realize I do not know much and the beauty in that is I am learning to be cool with it. Spent the 90's and 00's working harder and playing harder than most. I got lucky and married the best girl out there and have enjoyed every day of the last 17 years (or is it 18?). I have a special needs daughter I adore who has taught me more about life than I could ever teach her. I have much more in this life than I could ever deserve. I read alot, always been a nerd. I bear hunted alot till they outlawed it here in Calif. Gave up all of my old hobbies/habits last year and serendipitously came across cigars 3 months ago. Glad to have found this group I have read hundreds of pages and it is hard not to come to the conclusion that this is a group of exceptionally cool people.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I work in the sales department for a Table Grape grower I am also the Food safety manager and handle all of out IT needs. I have been here for 3 years and it is by far the best thing I have ever done. Way better than owning the IT business hat I used to own before this.

As far as my hobbies... There are a tone of things that I love to do. For the most part I am an adrenaline junkie so my favorite things are Freestyle BMX, Surfing, Snowboarding, Skateboarding, and now Skydiving. I also play guitar. Snowboarding is probably my favorite activity but damn waiting for snow is probably going to kill me. I also hope our season is better than last year when we only had about a month with snow on the slopes.

Also all of my hobbies have kind of been put on the back burner because We are in the peak of our harvest season at work and any spare time I get I spend with my 10 month old son and the rest of my little family

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been working on office equipment, for the same company, just over 24 years. Ever heard the expression "if I knew anything else, I've forgot it by now". My youngest son of two is moving out in a couple of weeks. He is the last one at home. Hobbies used to be anything they were into. The wife and I like to cook together on occasion. We also enjoy wine tastings. Most of the tobacco land around here has turned to vineyards and wineries. I like a good beer and seem to have a thing for IPAs.