What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am the owner of and auto repair shop. I am also an Independent AMSOIL dealer.

MY hobbies besides cigars... I own a Hare Scrambles Racing Team. My son and our second team rider race Hare Scrambles on dirtbikes here in Florida. I love NASCAR, NFL and just about any kind of racing. But, the race team sucks up most of my free time. At least it is spending some good time with my son...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I work for a company that more than likely in in the computer you are logged into this site with. (hardware not software)

I love shooting and hunting, I do a lot of reloading (most of my guns have never had a factory load shot through them) learned from my dad how to reload back in the mid 70's

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a computer geek that supervises other computer geeks.

Hobby wise I have a fairly expansive home-brewery going on and I also build tiny custom gaming computers. I've already made contact with the other homebrewers on here :bottle:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a Chemistry/Physics teacher for 17 years now and after recent NJ Education reform laws I will be probably be planning to carry an oxygen tank with me to class by the time I can afford to retire. Outside of education I am also Vol. Firefighter and planning on finishing my cert. for HAZMAT/CBERN technician .

When I actually have time to relax I enjoy a cigar whenever possible but also anything from brewing beer, shooting (if trends continue I would love to learn how to manufacture reloads before the govt takes everything else), sipping a good Scotch (single malt of course..lol) and watching MLB.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe in simple...Centennial, CO, 16 years smoking pleasure. Business Transformations. Prensado. Tempus Quadrum ( not Maduro ). Flor de las Antillas. OPUS. Particulares (which btw I need a replacement for!)...like that...oh, forgot!!! that Feral Flying thing-a-ma-bob...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm am Medic in the Army going on seven years of service. I served in the Light Infantry at Fort Drum in NY (SOOOO cold), the hospital on Fort Hood and currently am serving in the Cavalry at Fort Hood. Besides the Army my wife of two years now and I are fosters for SOW (School of Wags) an animal rescue centered around saving large breed dogs, which is how I ended up with my Mastiff, Mario. We have two kids my seven year old son and two year old daughter which are a handful and a half on a good day.

My other hobbies are riding, washing and polishing my Harley an 883XL SuperLow. Using, customizing, upgrading and DIY projects for vaporizers. Wood working to include whittling, I enjoy it even though I'm not that great at it. I really like getting and designing (not a great sketch artist) tattoos for myself and I've customized a few for family members in the past. Also I try to enjoy a nice whiskey or rum while I'm doing all of these things (minus the riding) if I get the chance to do so since my kids are completely insane.

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Well, I wear several hats, but most notably I write for Cigar and Spirits magazine. About 4 months ago I quit my longtime, cushy corporate job to focus on my own aspirations which included building out my own business focused on cigar tasting and education.

Since then I've been finishing up my tobacconist certification and then spending my spare time driving for Uber.

It's not glamorous, but I pay my bills every month and am the happiest I've been in over 10 years.

I'm really in to computers, have an A+ certification and spend a lot of time just tinkering. Other than that, I enjoy shooting and hunting, good books, and hanging out with friends.

Ben Murphy

scouse stogie lover
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Brand new to BOTL....I seem to be the only guy from the UK..... I am from Liverpool and I manage a graduate programme for a bank....
Big fan of habanos and especially El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme. Upgrading my humidor and really want to try some of the new world cigars but particularly the brands popular in the US that we cant get in the UK. One of which is the casa blancas.....really want to try these cigars but cannot find anywhere that will ship to the UK.

Ben Murphy

scouse stogie lover
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I wear several hats, but most notably I write for Cigar and Spirits magazine. About 4 months ago I quit my longtime, cushy corporate job to focus on my own aspirations which included building out my own business focused on cigar tasting and education.

Since then I've been finishing up my tobacconist certification and then spending my spare time driving for Uber.

It's not glamorous, but I pay my bills every month and am the happiest I've been in over 10 years.

I'm really in to computers, have an A+ certification and spend a lot of time just tinkering. Other than that, I enjoy shooting and hunting, good books, and hanging out with friends.
Full credit to you for a brave move!!!!

theritz226

Dom T
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently a senior in high school and an entrepreneur by weekday and cigar smoker by weekend. I run a detailing business and am working on building up a web development business along side of my studies. I've been accepted with full tuition to Xavier University to study Finance.

I am a car nut and a techie. I rebuilt my first car at 15 which I drive everyday. It's a 1975 Jaguar XJ6. The British car bug hit me hard, and I saved up and last September I bought a 1990 Jaguar XJS. I love going for drives on back roads.

When I'm not working on my cars or driving them or studying or not smoking cigars, I usually hang out with friends as any sensible 18 year old would.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm currently a senior in high school and an entrepreneur by weekday and cigar smoker by weekend. I run a detailing business and am working on building up a web development business along side of my studies. I've been accepted with full tuition to Xavier University to study Finance.

I am a car nut and a techie. I rebuilt my first car at 15 which I drive everyday. It's a 1975 Jaguar XJ6. The British car bug hit me hard, and I saved up and last September I bought a 1990 Jaguar XJS. I love going for drives on back roads.

When I'm not working on my cars or driving them or studying or not smoking cigars, I usually hang out with friends as any sensible 18 year old would.
It's refreshing to see someone so young find their passion and dive head first into them. I wish you well in your journey. You won't need luck, just your work ethic. Why don't you PM me your address. I might have some smokes for you to try.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm originally from Minnesota. Since that time I have lived in Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, and back to Iowa, which is where I currently reside. I have a Ph.D. in plant genetics with an emphasis on plant breeding. I run an R&D facility for Dow AgroSciences. Been in the crops R&D business since 1997. I'm a part time computer geek and am a self-trained C# developer. That came in handy for career advancement...it really helps to have a variety of skills when the boss needs something quick.

In my spare time I make beer, enjoy hunting and shooting, smoking (meat), and raising 3 boys (5, 8, 10) with my lovely wife. I reload both metallic cartridges and shot shells. I always need to be doing something with my hands, or else I get really bored. No, not what you think! I like to build things. I just turned 40 last week.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a retired police officer after 25 years of service. Thanks to diabetes, I had to end my career 3 years early but I still got a full 28 year pension. I now install ankle monitoring devices on juvenile offenders through our county juvenile court division. I finally have time to enjoy cigars and black coffee without being interrupted! Cheers

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm a retail store manager for a major shipping company. It's a good job but I do aspire to own & run a business someday, just need the right idea to go for it. I have a wife & two very young boys that are great but smoking time is tough to come by and I savior it.

I also enjoy maintaing my car & have gotten into autocross this past year. Online gaming (League of Legends), and watching pro sports round out the current hobbies I can make time for.

iphoneken1

OpusXAddict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
42 y/o ...Occupation: Pharmacist - When not at work I'm either skiing in Vermont (winter) or working outside on the grounds (mowing, dropping trees, "cleaning" up my woods), spending time with the family, or volunteering at my local Veterans Administration (VA) aiding my brothers and sisters. Cheers

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I train nuclear reactor operators. After 6 years in the Navy Nuclear Program and back to college I am near 4 decades in the commercial nuclear industry. I share my life with my best friend and wife, 6 adopted dogs and a citron crested Cockatoo. Life is good and I have been blessed beyond all measure and merit.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'm an outside operator at an oil refinery. We make gasoline, diesel, turbine fuels, butane, propane, etc. from crude oil. Been there for about 8 years.

Outside of work, I shoot guns quite a bit, reload, play a metric ass-load of golf (which i suck at, btw.), hunt fish,etc