What's new

Your first concert?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Parents took me to Billy Joel, Glass Houses tour think 1980 which put me at 13 years old. Excellent show Billy put on. I think he played for almost three hours none stop excellent music.

Glass Houses is the seventh album by American singer-songwriter Billy Joel, released in 1980 (see 1980 in music). It features Joel's first song to peak at #1 on Billboard's Pop Singles chart, "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me." The album itself topped the Pop Albums chart for six weeks and was ranked number 4 on Billboard's 1980 year-end album chart.[1] The album is the 41st best selling album of the 80's, with sales of 7.1 million copies in the US alone.

Opening with the sound of glass shattering, Glass Houses has more of a hard rock feel than Joel's prior albums. Accordingly, the response to this album was quite mixed. Glass Houses alienated many long-time fans, while at the same time, attracted many new fans to his music.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Saw Metallica in 1992 for their "Black" tour when I was 18. Tha was my first "rock" concert. I had seen several other country shows as I grew up but this was my first real concert without my folks. Awesome 4 hour show with no opening act. They played from 8 until midnight. I was exhausted just watching it! LOL!

I've seen so many bands. I love live shows. Pearl Jam and NIN are my favorite and have seen them many times each.

Marilyn Manson was the strangest (they opened for NIN before anyone knew who they were). Manson wore some type of leather get-up with a 3' long prosthetic "penis" that he held and flung around through the entire show.

Godsmack was one of the coolest shows I went to as I got to see them before they were known. Very small venue in SA, Texas, called the White Rabbit. Probably only 50 people there. The stage was only about 12 inches above the floor and I stood qbout 5 feet away from Sully. We went to go see a local band play and Godsmack followed. Glad we stayed around to watch them.

Saw Korn in a small venue here in Austin before I knew who they were. Always fun to see small shows.

Pantera, Scepultura, and Prong played together. Was the loudest and most violent show I've ever seen LOL.

Have seen Staind, Kid Rock, Ramones, Queensryche, David Bowie, Buckcherry, etc etc

Also seen most of the current country stars - Garth, Strait, Black, Martina, etc etc

Did I say I love live music? Wish I could go to more shows but the kiddos keep me busy now. Only get to go to some local shows now.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
College Freshman 1994 - Manhattan Kansas - Bar called Snookies I think

311 out of Omaha played the small bar. I went with some guys I worked with and one of them was stoned and climbed on the speakers and dove into the mosh pit breaking his nose. He never even felt it.

Shortly after that, 311 hit MTV and became more popular.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
'96 grateful dead, wasn't really into them musically at the time. I was more into the "tailgating", at least the first night. Me and my friends walked home from Giants Stadium, I was easily persuaded cause I was under the influence of a certain tabbed substance...a couple tabbed substances. The second night we went into the show, loud and hippy-ish from what I remember. Then again, I was only 16.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Added this for Shmear since I too am/was a Maiden fan. August 20, 1983 United States Largo, MD @ Capital Centre was one of my first concerts without the parents. Below is the set list I found on Wikipedia. I might have the stub at home to see who opened for them.

1. Intro - Main Title from Where Eagles Dare
2. Where Eagles Dare (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
3. Sanctuary (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
4. Wrathchild (from Killers, 1981)
5. The Trooper (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
6. Revelations (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
7. Flight of Icarus (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
8. Die With Your Boots On (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
9. 22 Acacia Avenue (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
10. The Number of the Beast (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
11. To Tame a Land (from Piece of Mind, 1983)
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
13. Iron Maiden (from Iron Maiden, 1980)
14. Run To The Hills (from The Number of the Beast, 1982)
15. Drifter (from Killers, 1981)
16. Prowler (from Iron Maiden, 1980)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April Wine and Uriah Heep....1983. I was 16. Two years later I won a year's worth of concert tix from a local radio station/music store concert. Two tix to every concert within a 75 mile radius of my hometown (Davenport, Iowa). Saw some great shows that year, and made some good coin from selling tickets.

MICSTOGIE

Gear-Head-Banger
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
1st concert was MetallicA, Chicago at the Rosemont Arena (now the Allstate Center) in 1996, I was 16 and the opening band was Corrosion Of Conformity

2nd was in 1998, MetallicA at the Winnabago County Fair Grounds in Rockford Il. Opening acts were Days of the New and Jerry Cantrell.

3rd again was MetallicA at the Allstate Center in with Sevendust and Kid Rock in 2000

4th was in college at SIU Carbondale IL, was Godsmack with Cold, Systimatic & Stained.

5th was in was the Mayham Fest in 2009 Chicago. Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Bullet for My Valentine, Trivium, All That Remains, God Forbid, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Job for a Cowboy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Michael W. Smith & Jars of Clay @ the Target Center in MPLS, 1995. Great show!
I saw that tour also.

First concert was Genesis at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh in 1978, I was 16.

Second concert was Thin Lizzy and Blue Oyster Cult the same year. Still one of the best shows I've seen. Back when they were still shooting lasers into the crowd.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
'96 grateful dead, wasn't really into them musically at the time. I was more into the "tailgating", at least the first night. Me and my friends walked home from Giants Stadium, I was easily persuaded cause I was under the influence of a certain tabbed substance...a couple tabbed substances. The second night we went into the show, loud and hippy-ish from what I remember. Then again, I was only 16.
Must have been some good substances!:glassesgr Grateful Dead's last tour was Spring 95. Jerry Garcia died later that year.

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Shakin' Street
Pat Travers
Cheap Trick
UFO

I also miss the good old days of "days on the green" concerts hosted by Bill Graham... those were the days!