What's new

Kitty Litter - Experience so far

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Running 2 months or so and perfect 64%.

Guys summer is coming and RH will be rising keep in mind the KL can be microwaved to bring down humidity too!! (dont try that with beads lol)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ok gentlemen time for me to chime in. I have been running KL for 1 month now as we all know I was debating hardcore on what way to go for a source of RH. So after a month the KL in both my humidor and tupidors are running a rock solid 65. I open them to let some fresh air in but these bad bitches are running flawless this has been a great experience and I am very very impressed.

Winter is generally a very tough time of the year when it comes to RH as it gets real dry in doors but as spring approaches finally i am well aware that summer will bring real high amount of humidity. Does the KL absorb humidity or only let it out just a pondering question also I know I will be bring my humidors from upstairs down to my basement for the cooler temps.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok gentlemen time for me to chime in. I have been running KL for 1 month now as we all know I was debating hardcore on what way to go for a source of RH. So after a month the KL in both my humidor and tupidors are running a rock solid 65. I open them to let some fresh air in but these bad bitches are running flawless this has been a great experience and I am very very impressed.

Winter is generally a very tough time of the year when it comes to RH as it gets real dry in doors but as spring approaches finally i am well aware that summer will bring real high amount of humidity. Does the KL absorb humidity or only let it out just a pondering question also I know I will be bring my humidors from upstairs down to my basement for the cooler temps.
Did you just read my post above yours?

Guys summer is coming and RH will be rising keep in mind the KL can be microwaved to bring down humidity too!! (dont try that with beads lol)
Meaning if you microwave it for a short period it lowers the rh in the KL and it will absorb rh from the environment. Hope this helps.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So I have a good 8lb of 65% heartfelt beads, any reason I couldn't use the two together if I'm happy at 65%..... I think I need to make another tub for overflow from my birthday bombing, and perhaps let go of some things I have no intention of smoking that were picked up at the onset of my journey

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's the ratio of kl to sticks?
I use a ratio of 1/2 pound to 150 sticks....actually if you know about beads they say to use a bit more KL than beads. Nice thing about KL is that you can use as much as you want as long as your container is shallow enough to expose more KL. Me and my cats love the litter!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a believer in the litter thanks to Cigary and it's been working flawlessly for over a year now! I've even converted a few of my buddies as well. I've been holding between 65%- 67%RH in my 150qt cooler throughout the winter. I think the 67% came from me giving the litter one spritz too much last week thinking it was never gonna warm up around here ...we're anticipating 75 degrees this Saturday, go figure!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So I have a good 8lb of 65% heartfelt beads, any reason I couldn't use the two together if I'm happy at 65%..... I think I need to make another tub for overflow from my birthday bombing, and perhaps let go of some things I have no intention of smoking that were picked up at the onset of my journey
Any thoughts guys/ aficionado's of the litter, I didn't really mean to mix them per say I just hate to toss the heartfelt as they have worked so well in the past, I'm going to actually take a day off work to redo my tubs/beads and itemize all my cigars and pipe baccy into smaller/shorter ones for easier access and better humidity control

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Update kitty litter about 2-3 months old and is changing colors.... I replaced it with fresh stuff. Anyone else?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for kitty litter! Works just, as good as beads! The thing is some people like to spend more and some people like to spend less. More power to them, I for one however love to spend less!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have heard too much about people saying prolonged time with KL has caused their smokes to lose flavor because of the absorbent properties of KL. They said they cannot be 100% sure but this year they will have one humi with HF beads and the other with KL try to put the same sticks in each and see.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I have heard too much about people saying prolonged time with KL has caused their smokes to lose flavor because of the absorbent properties of KL. They said they cannot be 100% sure but this year they will have one humi with HF beads and the other with KL try to put the same sticks in each and see.
Won't HF do the same thing? Sorry I haven't seen anything about this I'm so happy with KL I haven't been looking at the threads on it much.